F.A.Q.’s – Frequently Asked Questions For Custom Art/Design Projects
Why should I choose Susan Massucci as my professional artist?
• Here are my personal credentials that qualify me to be a professional artist for hire:
– I graduated Cum Laude in 1995 with a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree) in Printmaking from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Coming from an art background, I have a solid understanding of the Elements of Design (line, shape, color, value, texture, form, space) and Principles of Design (balance, contrast, proportion, pattern, rhythm & movement, variety & emphasis, harmony & unity).
– I am a professional, working artist and am the owner of my own company, Murals By Massucci, (a name change from Little Daisy Press) since 1994. I am comfortable working with clients to meet their needs and criteria.
– I was a scrapbook consultant for over 2 years. As an Instructor with Leaving Prints, I built and lead a team of over 270 instructors. When LP went out of business in Dec. 2006, I joined as a Charter Consultant with My Creative Life, another direct sales company. My Creative Life also went out of business, less than a year later.
– I was certified as a (LPU) Leaving Prints University Instructor and Train-the-Trainer with Leaving Prints. This is a scrapbooking techniques-based training program.
– I subscribe to artistic magazines to stay on top of the latest cutting-edge trends and styles. In addition, I also receive a number of online newsletters in regards to the art and scrapbooking industries.
– I act with the utmost professionalism and integrity. I will handle your project and submitted materials with the same loving care that I treat my own.
– I am passionate about my artwork and exceeding the expectations of my clients. I love to see the joy on my clients face when they see the final results of their commissioned project.
Why does custom artwork/design/illustration cost so much?
• The cost of custom art, design and illustration varies from artist to artist (and their skill level) as well as different areas of the country. The industry average is from $50 to $75 per hour and many times considerably higher than this.
• Each project I create is a unique, artistic endeavor. It will be personalized to your specifications. Remember, I am offering a professional service. I am confident that your completed project will be worth every dollar you spend with me.
How long will my project take?
• The amount of time it takes to create your project depends primarily on the size of your project and the complexity of the design style.
• Please understand that I may not be able to start your project right away if I have other orders ahead of yours, however I will do my best to complete it in a timely manner. If you have a specific deadline, I will do my best to accommodate your needs.
What is the process for completing my project?
• The first step is for us to have our initial one-on-one consultation. We will discuss the parameters and scope of your project, including options – theme, style, and colors. We will establish the vision you have for your project. If relevant, I will also give you an opportunity to see samples of my work and design style. We can also look at trade magazines and books for reference ideas, if necessary.
• After the initial meeting, understanding your project to the fullest extent, I can then estimate the total time and cost for the project. A signed Customer Agreement Form and 50% deposit will be required for Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci to begin work on the project.
• This is your project. You can be as involved in the process as you would like Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci welcomes any and all input to reflect your style and personality. Some clients prefer to give specific instructions for their design, while others are comfortable letting me use my artistic expertise. When a project commences, a few concept drawings/designs will be developed and sent via email for the client’s approval, if requested. Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci wants to ensure that the client, is satisfied with the work and that the project is going in the right direction. Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci will work closely with the client during the creation process to ensure that the design idea is captured. This also ensures no unexpected surprises. If a design does not meet the client’s expectations, the client agrees to let Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci know, so that concerns and changes can be addressed as they come up, rather than waiting until the end.
• When the project is complete Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci will make arrangements to deliver my project. I understand that the final payment is due upon completion of my project.
• Murals By Massucci / Susan Massucci’s goal is to have a happy life-long customer!
What kind of environment will my project be created in?
• I have a studio that is smoke-free and pet-free
What if I am supplying you with an original image or photograph and I don’t have another copy?
• I do not to work with original photos that do not have negatives or a digitally saved copy. If you only have one copy of a picture, it will be necessary for you to have it scanned and a copy printed. Most photo printing labs offer this service.
What if I do not like my completed project?
• You will have 3 days to review your completed project and contact me with any necessary adjustments.
• Due to the nature of custom work, a completed project cannot be returned for a complete refund. Much time and planning goes into each custom project I do. Your project will be designed and created specifically for you; therefore it usually cannot be used for someone else’s project.
• I want you to be completely satisfied with my work. I will be in regular contact with you throughout the creation process. I will email you updates as they are completed. If there are any revisions or changes you would like made, please let me know along the way. There really should be no unpleasant “surprises” when your project is completed and delivered to you.
When is payment due?
• A 50% deposit is required to begin work.
• Balance is due upon completion of your mural or custom project.
What methods of payment do you accept?
• I accept cash, personal checks, cashier’s checks and money orders.
Please make checks payable to: Susan Massucci.
• I also accept all major credit cards and payment through PayPal.
• Returned checks are subject to a $25 service fee.